.

6:36 PM
0

In the middle of the journey of our life, I found myself faced with a choice: eat the banana or eat the donut? The more I thought about it, the more I realised that this choice was trickier than it initially seemed. The banana would heal me for seven per cent of my health. The donut would raise my HP cap by seven. To be healthier now, or to potentially be healthier than ever in the future?

In the end, I'm an optimist, so I went with the donut. I definitely thought about it, though. I thought about it for a good five minutes. It's probably the longest, all told, that I have ever been confronted with a donut before making my mind up about it.

Slay the Spire isn't just a devious blend of card-battler and roguelike, then. It's also a game that likes to tempt you with donuts. It likes to bother you with ghosts and gods and tricksters and traps. You start at the lowest level of a tower and each floor contains a battle or a treasure or a shop or a campfire (this last one can either heal you or be used to improve one of your cards). But like FTL, whose forking-path structure it loosely follows, Slay the Spire will occasionally chuck in a random event. Banana or donut, for example. What will it be?

Read more…

0 comments:

Post a Comment